View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 05:49 AM   #407
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR449 View Post
Does anyone here who works up in the higher rankings confirm is companies are having hiring freezes during this fall/ winter? Just looking out for insight on the current job seeking landscape.
My buddies back home working for producers are all on hiring freezes. Service side is frozen up. The bank and finance side aren't hiring either where other friends work. A few people I know in commercial property are also on halt.

I've got an engineer brother that's out of work after leaving a job with the AER in GP to go on his honeymoon and move back to Calgary after. He got back Feb 26th ready to find a job...I doubt he finds anything till this time next year.

Down here the O+g companies shed workforce a few months ago. We have LNG, the government is talking about backing pipelines...things are sustainable. Still I have a friend who's laid off as a geo and I doubt he finds work before Easter next year without switching to mining. He's looking at base metals as they're booming due to demand from China, but it's tough to get a look on his CV.

Keep trying, but don't beat yourself up if you can't find anything for a few months. There's a new Xbox coming out, get one of those, crush the gym and cut expenses. Ultimately ou'll work a long time in your career, looking back on a year off isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of it all. It's not you, the economy is in the pits.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutuu For This Useful Post: