Thread: HBO/Crave
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 11:39 AM   #79
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
The first episode of McMillions was great. The later ones have been a bit less interesting to me. I think everything that needed to be explained or told about the scam could have been adequately completed in one or two episodes. I also think I just want to hear more stories from Doug the FBI agent.
I've still been enjoying it because I think its important to show how the people who 'scammed' the wins out of McDonalds were largely victims of being scammed themselves.

And as much as I think Doug the FBI Agent is easily, easily the star of this show and could just listen to him for hours, hes taking pleasure at catching these people in their lies and thats his job, its understandable, but some of these people arent much more than patsies being offered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and then being taken advantage of.

It will be interesting to see how it all works out in the end though.

I do love the hilarious mental gymnastics though.

"We're not scamming McDonalds...they were going to pay this money out anyways, we're just...'directing' where that money goes."

"I didnt do anything wrong, I just sold a stolen prize ticket and then extorted the winnings out of this unwitting dupe."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote