View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 08:08 AM   #1316
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I don't think anyone is argueing universal healthcare is a good idea, just that Americans wont vote for it, there is absolutely no argument against gun control either but you cant get elected as a dog catcher there if you run on a platform of strict gun control
If Americans are, as you say, are incapable of voting in their own collective self interest then the they are no longer capable of making political compromise. Meaning the US and its institutions are already dead, they just don't know it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
It won't save ME money or save MY life. People will pay more for their plan rather than pay less into a collective pool.

Also general numbers dont show everything. Like Canada keeps creating jobs and unemployment keeps going down. But not for Albertans.
Alberta is a different beast, we've had decades of government mismanagement tying us to oil without serious attempts to diversify or save those resource profits. Yet we keep picking them knowing their long term strategy and outcome. Though mind you we really need more than two viable political choices to choose from. #electoralreform
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote