View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #3989
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I got an incredible deal through https://www.autoeurope.ca. It was ~$450 for ~3 weeks.

I will say it did not go 100% smoothly, but that is becuase Europcar was staffed by morons, and our 3 hour delay mucked stuff up. Be prepared for a long wait at Glasgow, no matter who you rent from. All the companies had lots of customers waiting for eternity. If you go Europcar there is a non-obvious screen to enter your info which gets you a place in line. If you can pre-register ahead of time, I highly recommend doing that, but their site didn't work for us.

If you want to use your credit card insurance, make sure you have a print out, or it saved on your phone. The moron would not let me decline it until he saw proof I had coverage, which meant running back to the main terminal to get wifi and downloading it.

Maybe look at a Skoda wagon for a rental. We had a Fusion but I'm not sure you could get 2 golf bags in.
Thanks for the info. Were flying in late on friday night so was going to just crash in a hotel for a bit than grab the car in the morning. Maybe it won't be as busy then.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote