View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 11:04 AM   #19
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I'm often shocked to see that my recommended weight range at 6'0" is 136-183. That seems very light for my build - broad shoulders, fairly muscular. I think 190 would be ok for me? Any less, I think I would look gaunt.

https://www.healthline.com/health/me...ght-and-weight
It doesn't work, imo. I'm 6'1" and have been that height since I was 15. I was dead skinny, and grew so fast I couldnt keep up eating. Then I got a weird ulcer thing and was on IV minimum nutrition (no foods by mouth) for a month. I honestly looked like someone from a world vision refugee commercial after that. Ribs sticking out, etc. And I weighed 160 lbs. I needed 27 waist -34 length jeans, which isn't really something you can buy (at least then, I haven't checked since this isnt currently a problem for me...)

There is no way the healthy range of weights for me includes that weight, much less losing 20 lbs from it. And that was prior to filling out shoulders etc, so I had less muscle mass then.

140-189 lbs is the BMI recommended weight range for my height, which is absolute nonsense at the bottom of that range. It's almost like human health can't be curve fit into a quadratic equation.

Last edited by bizaro86; 02-11-2020 at 11:11 AM.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote