View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #8
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I get frustrated trying to keep up on exercise science only to read contrary articles every couple months. LISS, SMIT HIIT? Anyone care to explain? Don't even start on nutrition. That's always changing. Weightlifters are downing hard candies and gummi worms by the bagful now. I don't get it.
The problem with a lot of "exercise science" is that it's so heavily influenced by marketers: supplement companies, magazines, youtubers, influencers etc....Even the actual science part is very poorly misunderstood. We have a very poor understanding of how human digestion and metabolism works.

My advice is always this, you'd be surprised at how subtle changes can have dramatic impacts. Start with portion control and reeplacing obviously high calorie foods with lower calorie ones. Find something that works for you. Some people need the regimented diets, and others get frustrated by them and give up.

As far as exercise goes, if you do it right, three 30 minutes sessions a week can get the average person to where they need to be.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote