View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #30
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Yeah there's absolutely been a culture of acceptance towards people using their power to take advantage of others.

When I say I expect the entertainment industry is likely among the worst, I don't mean that there isn't huge problems elsewhere too. It's just that some places are likely to be the worst.
I recall seeing pictures of a 70+ year old Jerry Jones groping young women. It's not just a Hollywood thing as it happens everywhere people have a lot of money and power. Now the Hollywood thing has been going on for a very long time and the media has chosen to look the other way (likely because anyone trying to make a big story about it would have their career buried) as the whispers have been around forever and victims have feared being blackballed. The Mel Gibson tapes should be a good indicator of how these people in power behave. It's great to see people final coming out as we are definitely heading in the right direction. I wouldn't call it an epidemic and more of an accepted culture over the decades and we are seeing the positive signs of that culture no longer being accepted.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: