View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 09:39 AM   #1616
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I feel like that the UCP not wanting to meet with Thunberg is a missed opportunity to show the oil and gas business in Alberta is a more positive light, than if she ends up with some other tour guides. I guess it depends what her intentions are, really. If she is completely against all use of fossil fuels for anything then it might be a lost cause, but since she is the current figure head of the climate change movement, leaving her with a good impression of what is being done here it would perhaps rub off on others and perhaps curtail some of the criticisms we get.

We're not going to change her mind. She's got a set agenda, its not going to be anything but her lecturing and making angry faces.

Its a pointless waste of time, and giving her propaganda points.

She's completely against O+G, she's going to come in with a strong anti Oil-Sands message and she wants to fire up her base of people that want a enviro-dictitorial government.

Engaging her, or having her lecturing Kenney is going to not have any benefits for our province.

Let her come in, do her thing, talk angrily and leave, and respect her right to do all those things.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: