View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 11:43 AM   #49
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So V17 has some really interesting things.

Having the bugs with the ability to jump your ship and set up a nest is kind of cool. If you kill one of the nests with unspace suited crew members they get infected by a spore and if you don't catch it, your crew gets infected and dies very quickly.

The only cure is a medical bed or isolating infected crew members and letting them die.

You can also rescue infected people from ships over run by aliens. Its best not to bring them to your ship as refugees or prisoners. I've abandoned a lot of people in need of rescue.

Point defense systems, fighters and shields become really important early in the game.

The new threat, the robot race will attack your ship with fighters and use a drop ship to insert attackers into your ship. So its important to have a well armed and protected team of crew members that can repulse the attackers.

The personality types have become more interesting. You now have people that are too brave, and the alien lover is hilarious. I watched a crew member steal an alien body from my body storage. Sneak into a bathroom and lock the doors then the ceiling of the ship went up so I couldn't see what was going on.

People on the ship are more willing to create love relationship, but also enemy relationships. One day when food was low and frustration was high, I had a brawl in the cargo bay over jealousy.

My ship has gotten huge. I have a ship that does everything, and is crewed by nearly 50 people working 3 shifts a day and hot bunking. At the same time, I have a small ship in my fleet which is basically a luxury ship that has very few very entitled crew members who do very little work.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote