View Single Post
Old 05-23-2023, 10:19 PM   #46
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So its been a while. But I still love this game, and its massively expanded with V17 hitting the test environment.

so what's different?

A lot. They've added a whole new enemy, and also expanded on an old one.

for the aliens, they've added two more classes, they're the typical xenomorph, trying to ram eggs down your chest.

The new enemy is tougher and its renegade robots that are now about collecting and learning. They not only take over ships, and derelics, but also defend asteroids with resources. If they detect a human ship the scouts will send out a signal which brings in an attack fleet.

so what's changed. Well the game is certainly tougher, they've added rogue objects that float around and hit your ships. The robots attack your ship from the outside strafing it and punchin holes in it.

But you have weapons. they've added automated point defense systems. You can also build fighter ports and use your pilots to find it. The fighters look like the fighters from babylon 5. I'll be posting a picture of my latest ship, Once I've added a flight deck to it.

Oh to make things even tougher. Not only does your equipment wear out and need constant maintenance. Your personal gear wears out and you need a work bench to repair them.

Its now really tough to balance out fighters and weapons and equipment with your equipment points. Right now my ship is still early and I've got 2 shield gerators and 5 point defense guns. But I will be adding auto cannons rocket launchers fighters and scanners to it, I don't know how I'm going to balance that out.

Oh one other add on. This game really emphasizes picking a mission. You can add a cargo hauling port and be a freighter. Build a prison and be a bounty hunter, or be a factor ship. But you really can't do them all.

Anyways. Still an awesome game. Last night I dropped into a really rich system, and didn't realize I was in a siren system until during a robot attack half of my crew went insane and started brawling.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote