View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 11:29 PM   #54
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

This may not be popular but does anyone else find this all a little weird? Easy to get on board with rejecting racism and or physical or sexual abuse, but when you start to get into verbal abuse... I dunno. That can be pretty subjective sometimes. And some of these stories Carcillo is quoting are.. weakening his intent I think. Oh your coach benched you? Okay... sorry I just really struggle to see how that is “abuse” at high level hockey. In fact, professional level hockey. And quite frankly, you aren’t even being paid to play in the CHL really other than stocking up years of potential secondary education so hard to see how it’s worth putting up with bull#### if it was really that bad. Really think this is a completely different lens than a young player on the verge of making millions at the NHL level and justifying abuse for that. Other players on Carcillos feed were saying they weren’t getting enough ice time (wtf? So?).

Each situation has its own complex circumstances and context but we need to be wary about, as a society moving to a place where we all just feel like victims constantly about everything. Yes there are lines that should not be crossed but as with everything, reality and pragmatism probably lies somewhere in between here with this so called “movement”. For the OP to be literally losing sleep over this “issue” is slightly bizarre to me.

Bad things happen to people every single day but now that bullying is being highlighted in relation to hockey we are all supposed to care even more about it than we otherwise didn’t? I dunno. Just some random thoughts I guess.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post: