Thread: Everquest
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Aye, it's technically Free to Play at the moment, but there's a lot of restrictions that come with it, to the point that it's utterly impossible to Raid high end as an FTP player, simply can't be done. Still a decent option for someone who'd only play 5-10 hours a week though. However, if you wanted to play it to a higher degree, you can earn enough Platinum to purchase Krono from other players to redeem for 30 days of Gold access. That's how I pay for all 12 of my accounts, fairly easy to farm enough platinum for them in my experience.

I'm actually surprised I even got a response to this thread within a few hours haha.

As far as EQnext goes, it will not be free to play from what I saw at fan faire. It's a very sandbox type of game, not enough details have been released about it to really give it much of a synopsis. But the general theme I got was, it's going to be very cartoony in regards to character models (which I sort of hate, with a passion), the basis of leveling will be more in tune with RIFT, and incorporate multi classing. There won't be any raiding to my knowledge, which pretty much makes the game irrelevant in my books. It's certainly going to be something entirely new to the MMO community though, worth a look for the casual gamer
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote