View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #34
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I would love to see the numbers. I know there'd be a ton of Star Wars fans, but Diablo 2 is still a good selling game to this date, and it has been out for ages.

I will definitely play D3 more, but this game really intrigues me as long as they put enough content in it.
Diablo 2 was a great game, but the Diablo series no where near as long-lived as Warcraft and no where near the sales and world-wide acclaim of Starcraft. It was and continues to be the weaker sister of the Blizzard franchises, and I don't expect this to change with another sequel. Putting it up against something as huge as Star Wars, I just don't think the good folks at Bioware are too worried.

I expect The Old Republic to not only get better publicity, but factoring in Activision tampering, better reviews.

I will get flak for saying this and it kind of depresses me as a fan of the first two games, but I am genuinely expecting D3 to be a bust. The changes that Activision is seemingly forcing on Blizzard products (early releases, changes that are incredibly unpopular with the fan-base) is really taking away punch from what was an amazing game developer.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote