View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 06:15 AM   #160
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Nurse said earlier in the season that Terence and Matt Thomas were both making too many mistakes defensively and that he was really disappointed in both of them.

I think it's a combination of that and wanting to rotate in only a limited few off the bench (in addition to Powell and Boucher) during this early part of the season, so they get substantial minutes instead of spreading smaller minutes between too many players. Terence is one of these guys so on some nights he's playing quite a bit, and getting the night off or barely playing for others.

It seems like Terence is slowly finding his way out of the doghouse, he's been getting solid minutes lately. Nurse seems to be flavoring him, Flynn, Watanabe, and Stanley off the bench. I don't know how his legal issues will factor in but it doesn't seem to be a distraction right now which is good.

Thomas has only played ~four minutes since the third game of the season, I think Nurse is more disappointed in him than anybody. Disappointing, because I really enjoy seeing him shoot the ball.
Good explanation. Personally I haven’t seen Thomas and Terence making mistakes early in the season but I don’t have that coaches eye that nurse probably sees in practice. It seemed like right from the beginning both were benched. Thomas has good potential over Stanley, so I’m not sure why he’s not given more minutes. I guess it ultimately comes down to depth problems, which furthers my theory that the Raps need to package some of that for a starter. I’m personally not a fan of having young talent sit on the bench because of competition. Should always be a chance to flourish.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote