View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 08:20 AM   #1045
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
I gotta give a big ups to Memory Express. I've built 3 computers with them, and have never had any issues. I purchased warranty on them, as it sounded great should I have any issues (but was on the fence about the last build, as I've never had a problem). Last build was done ~May 2018

Late December I experienced 1 instance of artifacting and had to hard reset my computer. It wouldn't boot to windows - I took it in, and they reinstalled windows for me. However, when I brought it back home, less than a week later, I started getting the more graphical issues, and consistently - every game I tried to play would show artifacts and hard crash within 5 minutes.

Memory Express took it back, and bumped it to the front of the queue. They tested it, replicated the issue and determined my graphics card was shot. They replaced it with an equivalent card of the current generation - so my old 1080 Ti was swapped out for a brand new 2080 Ti.

The last month sucked, but I'm happy the system is working again (and a nice upgrade to boot)!
Similar thing happened in November. Had a gaming laptop that was in month 36 of 36 from the IPR I bought for ~350 bucks back in 2016, about 2 weeks from expiry. I had lazily plugged it into the wall to do some work and left it on overnight, and we had a power surge. It bricked. I brought it in, they determined it was the mobo and of course, being a laptop there's no replacement part.

A week of tinkering later, they give me a laptop that's 3 lbs lighter, has a CPU that's 3 generations newer and much faster, and a GPU that's 2 generations newer and twice as fast as the old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote