View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 06:57 PM   #439
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
If you allow all kicking of the puck in the net sooner or later you're going to see another Malarchuk-style incident. Nobody wants that. I don't mind kicking the puck in if the blade is along the ice, or very close to the ice, or whatever. But if the puck is in the air and the player has their stick tied up and they try to soccer-style the puck into the net it's going to get very ugly eventually. The NHL doesn't need scoring so badly that stuff like that should be allowed. The current rule isn't even that bad but I'd be fine with some tweaking of that rule, just not a free for all. A goal like Coleman's last spring should have been a no-brainer counted goal.
I mean, come on... soccer-style scissor kicks? There is no world where that happens. (and a 'dangerous play' major penalty takes care of it, as mentioned already)

As for what actually happens during hockey games, yes, Coleman's should have counted, Mangiapane's correctly counted - they should all count. And the world would be a better place because we would have fewer video reviews
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote