View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 10:27 AM   #45
puckbrain
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
It's funny that you brought this up as I was going to do this myself soon. This non stop bombardment of this gambling stuff is unethical and will be extremely damaging from a society if this continues.

I am speaking as someone who used to gamble reasonably heavily on NHL and NFL, at a young age, via a bookie. The purpose of gambling is to find the odd line that is off or doesn't make sense in your opinion, hoping to place a bet and make some money. Somewhat like picking an undervalued stock or two.

All this non stop electronic gambling, laying parlays while taking a s***, Draft Kings garbage, every 2 seconds and every 4th play an updated line on a meaningless game is just not healthy. Smartphones are addictive enough for a lot of people but for people to be laser focused on this mickey mouse stuff and clicking away their life is not healthy.

I get it, there is money to be made for the people in charge, makes sense. Why is the government allowing this to the same degree? It isn't just degenerate gamblers who are watching TSN, Sportsnet and sports. It's families, it's young children, it's people who are already addicted to their phones etc.

We are allowing this to poison our society and are in essence normalizing this level of behavior WAY beyond what was ever considered normal or acceptable not that long ago. Literally non stop. Most seasoned sports gamblers used to only hear from their bookie's on settlement day other than when they laid a bet.

This isn't healthy and I am speaking as someone who has a decent amount of experience in this regard.
this is what you get in a capitalistic society...
puckbrain is offline   Reply With Quote