View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #472
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

It doesn't make me happy that my inlaws are evacuated but it does make me happy that we are available for them to come to. They have a place to stay up there, with friends, but with no time frame of the end of the evac in sight, they were feeling a bit closed in - there are 3 families staying in one house.

So, they'll get here on Sunday, be here until Wednesday, then they're making a quick trip out to Saskabush to a major birthday celebration for one of my father-in-law's relatives, over the weekend. After that, we will see what's going on with the evac but most likely they'll come back to us for a bit if it's still ongoing. I think we may see if we can all spend time out at our campsite/campground, where there's far more ample space & where they can have an actual cabin to themselves, with facilities & cooking space, etc.

Also happy that the fire doesn't seem to be advancing on the town any further. This is relieving news for us, I can't even imagine how the townspeople must be feeling, knowing their homes/livelihoods are still intact. Keeping it all crossed that the fire moves off into the uninhabited forested/muskeggy bits.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post: