View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
HAs anyone set up a NAS with any of these? I'm thinking something like a dlink-323.
I can't answer your question directly because we have a DNS-323 at work and my PS3 is at home.

But... what I can tell you is that the DND-323 has an option to enable a UPnP server. Here's what the admin interface says about it:

Quote:
UPnP AV SERVER SETTINGS : This section allows you to configure the UPnP AV server function. You can enable or disable the UPnP AV server function, and specify the folder or directory that will be shared.
The NAS will automatically scan for file updates when content is added or deleted from the available folders. You can also click the "Refresh" button to manually scan for file updates.
Not sure if that helps any. We are quite happy with our DNS-323 here at work for general file sharing, but as I mentioned, it'll never see action with my PS3.

Edit: And, add one more vote for "PS3 Media Server" - I haven't had a problems with it. I select a few of my video podcast folders as shared resources, and my PS3 picks them up without any issues. They play smooth (even HD ones), but they are generally quite short in length. Some people have mentioned problems when trying to stream full length, HD movies, but I have never tried it.

Last edited by Jimmy Stang; 02-26-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote