View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 02:29 PM   #519
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Interesting thought. It's a possibility. It doesn't make sense to take the run he did if he liked the guy. You don't crap on your prospects that way if they are in your immediate plans. I also look at his performance in camp and his contract status and don't see a player that incentivizes the team to make an investment of NHL time. Stranger things have happened, but I see Phillips as a player on his way out of the Flames system and not one they're going to give NHL time to. There's just no long-term benefit for the club. They'd be better off bringing up a number of other players and giving them opportunity of experience and development time IMO.
I agree with Bingo, and I don't think he was taking a shot at Phillips - I think he was either taking a shot at the question/reporter, or he was taking a shot at the 'idea' that a call-up - any call-up - is some kind of magic solution.

Sutter would never give his current players a pass for bad play by suggesting that a call-up could fix things. So his answer is always going to be no way, until it happens.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote