View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 04:48 PM   #35
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
Negligible trade value. I doubt Treliving fields a lot of calls about Matthew Phillips.
Not really sure what that has to do with calling him up. Know who else had no trade value…Martin St Louis….so much so we bought him out. How did that work out?

Gawdin and him lead the AHL in scoring among U-25 players over the last three seasons. 10 combined NHL games is ridiculous.

He might be a career AHLer.

He might never get another NHL game.

But some NHL team would be smart to give him a 5-10 game look just to make sure there isn’t something there at the next level.

I remember lots of people thinking he wouldn’t even be able to translate his play to the AHL when he was scoring lots in JR.

He’s earned a shot at the next level based on his AHL play…Sutter as coach or not.

And it makes me laugh that somebody seem so against even calling him up. Would rather be “right” and be able to say “See too small, never got a shot at the NHL level. Career AHLer”

He may be small but I would guess he would care more a getting to put on the jersey of his hometown team more than anybody else in the org right now.

Just give him a shot, honestly can’t hurt more than any of the other bottom 5 forwards right now.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 01-23-2022 at 05:04 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: