View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 08:48 PM   #1653
Dynamic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Interesting stuff; how is it impervious to water if it clicks together and isn't grouted? By definition, and sort of mechanical connection like that wouldn't be waterproof.

How much "float" is there to it? Brings back bad memories of everyone's early 2000s laminate installs.
I’m just coming off installing some of this newer Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) in my bedrooms and it is so much better than the early laminate you remember. I installed that stuff in my previous house and this new LVP and LVT is not even a comparison in looks or feel.

I got click together stuff over a thin foam pad and it installs just like that old laminate. But it feels so much softer and warmer. And it looks way better. And the material itself is literally waterproof. I can’t say for sure if water would make it through the joints but in my floor it looks extremely tight fitting, I doubt water would make it through.

It’s not really cheap in price either, I paid $4 sq/ft for my LVP’s. For me having kids it was a choice of being extremely low maintenance. I would not put LVT up against some of the more expensive tile but as more of an upgrade on sheet vinyl or cheaper tile. And there is vinyl tile you can buy that you grout just like tile.
Dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote