View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #8
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Brouwer is the guy who isn't living up to his contract. He's the guy that seems to be the non-fit.

I mean we've seen Hagman moved. We've seen Kotalik moved. We've seen Jones moved. I think Brouwer has better credentials than some of those guys. I think other teams, their scouts and GMs will have scouting reports from the past that are positive on him. I think Flames fans judge him only on his work here which hasn't been impressive but GMs and scouts will base their opinion of him in his entire body of work, his entire career. I understand why our fans think he's untradeable because we see him all the time and he's sucked in Calgary. But GMs and scouts who've seen him prior haven't erased their earlier memories of him and won't be so biased towards recent viewings of Brouwer. He's not too old. He can still skate.

All that to say that our fans are likely more down on Brouwer and value him less than veteran GMs and scouts do. Therefore I think fans underrate his tradeability. I think he's moveable if he waived his NTC. I don't think his value is high and because of the cap we'd likely have to take a contract back but I don't think we have to give up the farm to trade him.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote