View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Who do you think would be the first to be traded?

Adding Jagr to the lineup is awesome and should help the team moving forward but the problem is that the team has more than 9 top 9 forwards. Something has to give. Sure they can put a guy like Brouwer on the 4th line until he proves he deserves otherwise. Ferland seems like an amazing add to the fourth line but is he being wasted there? Lazar has shown chemistry with Bennett and Johnny and seems to have an non-stop engine, he makes room for the others on his line and the team has shown they see him as part of the team moving forward. Janko is showing he belongs in the top 9 if not 6 and needs to be given a chance soon. Stajan seems to be a good fit on the fourth line and is a good faceoff guy, good on the PK and a good presence on the team. Glass is a fourth line guy the team thinks they need against bigger teams. Versteeg isn't a fourth line guy and has shown chemistry with Bennett too.

Something has to give. Friedman said in his 30 thoughts that he thinks Janko will be on the team soon and that just makes me think that there's something brewing trade wise. The question is who?

It would be great if the team could find a way to trade Brouwer but I don't think that's going to happen. Stajan would be the next best option for the Flames but again I don't know if there would be any takers.

I know injuries are going to happen and they'll need players to fill in and nothing will likely happen trade wise but it's just for fun... It also looks like the Flames are "going for it now" and want to shore up the RW position

If the Flames trade one of their current top 9 players, who do you think it'll be? I'm going to guess Ferland; and for extra points I'll say it's a bigger deal that involves both Brouwer, Ferland and something else for someone like Duchene, Turris, Neal or someone like that.

The Flames just seem to have too many players right now.