View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #143
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
We don't have the top end explosive forward talent of Dallas, Pittsburh, McDavid, Buffalo, Philly, Tampa, or Toronto but in terms of slotting and NHL-ready talent at every position we have to be up there. I don't think we have anyone slotted too high (maybe Frolik but I know others will disagree so we can leave it at that) and we have plenty of guys about to be slotted lower than they might deserve.
This. We don't have a McDavid or Seguin or Benn or Tavares.

However, they do have a well above average 1st line, one of the top 2nd lines, an above average 3rd line and now one of the best 4th lines.

That's what I was meaning by deep. Most good teams lack the talent in the 3rd/4th lines due to $$ problems and plug various levels of quality prospects in there because they have nothing else.

Calgary is lucky as they not only have quality vets like Brouwer, Stajan, Versteeg on the bottom 6, but also a large group of guys to draw from to play in the bottom 6 if injuries occur.

There is a difference between being deep and being the best skilled. The team is not the best skilled. We aren't Pittsburgh. We do have the depth though.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post: