View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #19
mbeauchamp76
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think the fact that there is so many variables such as the extra sliders and options allowed some teams to do better than expected (Which is the intangible coaching aspect of the game). One thing that so many teams had difficulty with was overusing players and having fatigued players (that seemed to be a critical factor. I tried to keep my team as balanced as possible so at worst only a player or 2 would drop 1 CON. You can have a team of superstars and still be beat, what you need is the right chemistry of offensive and defensive players and a must is a top 10 goalie, you can score as many goals as you want but if you can't keep the puck out you are done (it seems). GM's are complaining about morale issues, it would be nice to see if a good coach has any effect on keeping morale from going too low even during a slump.

Regardless I still think that this version of the SIM was way better than the last one. Last year it was crazy how many AHL players were getting injured so I am glad it was taken care of this year.

There is no guarantees, but look at the final 4 teams in the playoffs. 3 out of the top 4 teams are there. That is a pretty darn good simulation. There will never be a perfect simulation however if there is anything that can be improved upon that would be great. I just don't like to see drastic changes in how the SIM will work, because it is unfair to teams if you build your team a certain way.

Those are my 2 cents
mbeauchamp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mbeauchamp76 For This Useful Post: