View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 06:35 AM   #19
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I deal with kijiji a lot, both buying and selling, so get to meet a lot of interesting people. A few pet peeves:

- the classic fake cheque scam where the buyer is "out of town for a while" but is interested so wants to send a (fake) cheque for more than asking price and then you wire him/her the difference. It must work though because it's quite common
- the phantom buyer(s) where you agree on a price for an item, go to pick it up and the seller suddenly mentions there are others interested offering more so the price has gone up
- people who want nothing more than to chat about life in general. I just want to buy/sell the item and I dont care about your Uncle Jim and how he yells at his family, or about how your cats dont sleep well during a rain storm
- people who insist on paying via personal cheque. It's not 1983 anymore
- people who sell gift cards for 100% of their face value. If I wanted to pay $100 for an Apple gift card worth $100, I'd walk into the store and get one
- people who use Calgary Kijiji but aren't anywhere near Calgary and have no plans to be in Calgary in the future. No, I'm not gonna go down to High River to get a book. Or even Airdrie ("but it's only 15 minutes to downtown")

Last edited by Calgary14; 04-04-2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote