View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #30
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm still angry about the whole death of superman thing

Go out and get it fans, this is the ultimate collector thing, were killing off superman for good.

Doomsday comes down destroys everything and beats superman to death. They have some great followup, the funeral, the world mourning, a world without superman. Unbelievable. bought multiple copies of each. One to read, one to seal up and collect because of value, one to maybe hand down to my kid if that ever happened.

Then we get the worst crap ever only a few months later with the return of superman.

What's the lesson here kiddies. Never believe that a major super hero is going to die, or a major comic character is going to die because the money making guys, they don't have the balls to leave em dead.

Look at the shock not that long ago when they killed off Archie Andrews, in the life with Archie series. That was amazingly well done. Archie saves a gay senator from death but takes a bullet. The scene of his death was amazingly well done and emotional. His last words to Betty and Veronica "Ive always loved you". His friends weeping as he died. What a great sendoff for a character, as well the publisher saying Archie's fate was the same in both realities.

Then instead of following that narrative which could have been amazing and really challenged the creativity of the writers and artists, It turns out to be a reboot, and they also did the stupid after life with archie.

At least with Sledgehammer one of the most under rated tv series ever, they killed the character off as part of a bigger joke.

You still read Archie comics? They still make Archie comics?

I dont even know what to say to any of this.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote