View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 08:17 PM   #6417
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalCarpenter View Post
The Last Spell is my current chill game, it's turn a turn based builder / horde killing game. It just dropped version 1.0 and is super fun. Lots of trying to bend / not break when a hard group of mobs appear.

The game play loop is kill hordes of baddies with your heroes at night, then during the day you upgrade your town / heroes and prep for the next night.

It's a rogue like in that there is no save function and if your heroes die you get their gear if you survive and you'll have to hire a replacement.
This post got me to look into th game because it sounds so much like my jam. After watching a few videos I grabbed the Switch version. It’s absolutely brilliant, somehow lost three hours to it today.

Excels at that “oh goodness I’m screwed” feeling, then making you feel like a genius when you combine your limited abilities to claw your way out of it. I love it so far.

This guy forgot to mention the killer OST though.

Controls can be a little finicky on Switch but they’ve done an admirable job of adapting a very PC-ish UI and since it’s turn based you don’t have to rush and screw things up.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post: