View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 10:32 AM   #211
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Anyone who actually had a trans son would understand that, as unfortunate as it is, being a parent does not preclude someone from being transphobic or homophobic. I know I would be embarrassed and hurt if I knew my father was spending time online dismissing Pride of being nothing more than politically fashionable and doing playful little head-pats to other homophobes.
You should be embarrassed anyway. You casually misrepresent other's views on CP and spew more hate than I ever could.

I don't opposeLGBT rights in the slightest. The fact that you drew such a conclusion shows you're a moron. But we already knew that. What I do oppose is a league trying to whitewash their past with this political posturing. Ask Kris Beech if he thinks the NHL is sincere about their "pride".

I also just generally oppose political orthodoxy in any of its forms. If history is any guide, it doesn't end well. The fact that there appears to be no room for someone to just not participate without being dragged through the mud is disturbing.

Using "pride" to tar Christians with labels like "bigot" and "homophobe" is what is truly gross here. You're not helping the cause and no LGBT person I know supports this. But they have to continue to live alongside Christians while people like you actively seek to create enemies for them.

Quote:
And I would think that anyone who actually thought accusations of homophobia were “ruining CP” wouldn’t contribute by making accusations of religiophobia.
I was pointing out the hypocrisy. Again, you miss every point. Almost like you're doing it on purpose.

Quote:
You’re either a liar, or an embarrassing example of how not to live the values you pretend to have. Pretty gross. And I honestly think it’s worth asking yourself what you think you’re accomplishing and who you’re actually fighting for while keeping your son in mind.
I showed this to my trans son and his response: "Wow, what a ######bag." I couldn't agree more. But I'm sure you think I'm lying about that. I don't care either way. And he doesn't care if someone doesn't want to wear a "stupid jersey" (his words, hockey is not his thing). And you, yourself, said it was an ugly jersey anyway.

My values are consistently in favor of freedom. I want my trans son to be free to be their authentic self. And I think Reimer should be afforded the same opportunity. I also try to put myself in other's shoes and see things from their vantage point. I try to be both respectful and forgiving. And when I make mistakes, I apologize. You on the other hand just cast down from on high. I think it is you, not me, that needs to reconsider their values. You're on a message board telling a stranger that they are a bad father. What are you trying to accomplish?