View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 10:10 AM   #202
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Except uniforms changing for religious expression/rights has been a major issue for years and continued to be.

The police allowing Sikhs to wear turbans and women to wear Hijabs as part of the uniform being two recent examples. I assume most people on this board were in support of these examples (Probably a relatively inverse relationship to this thread if I was guessing)
In neither the turban nor the hijab case are either of those two pieces of attire directly representative of that person’s dislike/distrust/disapproval of how someone else was born.

I see what you’re saying, but again, these comparisons just don’t make much sense.

The thing with Reimer is that his words and actions don’t connect. He makes a verbal statement about how supportive and loving he is of all people, but cannot bring himself to wear the most inoffensive, placid representation of that support for 15 minutes. And I think it’s perfectly fair to criticize him for it.

I would disagree with anyone saying he should be forced to wear it. But I also disagree with anyone saying his views are above criticism.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: