View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 03:28 PM   #180
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
I find that's difficult for those who haven't played (at least at a decent level) to evaluate players in a holistic manner - ie: looking at positioning and play without the puck, or understanding the importance of players who are fulfilling a specific role. Many overemphasize offensive contributions in analyzing performance. It's why a guy like Tanev is not fully appreciated on here for what he brings to the team.

For those who are ragging on Lucic - what is your specific critique of his game of late?

I haven't noticed much of a difference in his play vs. say Ritchie or Lewis, so I'm curious if I'm missing something.

I don't know for what others think of Lucic when they say he is ineffective, but I view him being in effective is just what you've mentioned. He is on the team for a specific role, may be I don't understand what that role is since I have never play hockey at any level. What I hope his role is to be a physical presence and defensive responsible. I never expect him to be on the offensive side of the ledger. However, he has not fulfilled his role. He is a liability on the ice, IMHO. He is slow, not foot speed but he thinks slow, his reaction is slow. Are you seriously satisfied with his play this season? Mind you, Lewis kills penalties and doing a decent job at it. Ritchie scored.

It's all fine that we view Lucic effectiveness differently, what prompted my respond to your respond to Scorpion's post about Lucic. You asked him has he play any hockey in his life and what's the highest level he has played. It sounded to me like if he hasn't play any hockey and his opinions are irrelevant. That is all. If I mistook your post, I apologize.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote