View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 02:51 PM   #168
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
I find that's difficult for those who haven't played (at least at a decent level) to evaluate players in a holistic manner - ie: looking at positioning and play without the puck, or understanding the importance of players who are fulfilling a specific role. Many overemphasize offensive contributions in analyzing performance. It's why a guy like Tanev is not fully appreciated on here for what he brings to the team.

For those who are ragging on Lucic - what is your specific critique of his game of late?

I haven't noticed much of a difference in his play vs. say Ritchie or Lewis, so I'm curious if I'm missing something.
This site doesn't appreciate Tanev? I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't think highly of Tanev and his importance to this team.

Lucic is flat out terrible, if you want to talk about positions and all this other stuff you haven't watched him play. He is a floater he watches the play. You don't need to play the game to understand and understand positioning etc.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote