View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #8
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keratosis View Post
I'm having no issues with my Netgear R7000 in the basement in 3000sq ft house. I get my full 150 from Shaw throughout. And enough through put to watch Netflix in the garage and back patio.
I think where my current set-up's challenges come into play is that my wireless router has to live right beside the electrical panel in the utility box. The amount of interference it likely has to overcome is significant.

I just spent the evening tracing/toning the data lines throughout the house, so I know what cable goes where. Have to replace five of the wall plates with RJ45 wall plates as the builder used RJ11 plates instead. D'oheth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
Great choice in equipment. I too went from a RT-N66U to Ubiquiti Unifi. I was having unreliable wifi and after switching, I have never had a single problem in the 200 days I've had it.

I went with a single AP-AC-LR (mounted on 2nd floor) covering my entire lot including separate garage. Paired with the Unifi Gateway, but using a Netgear switch, no cloud key, just running it on my pc that always runs.

Found setup no easier or difficult than a typical consumer router.
I played around with the UniFi management demo (http://demo.ubnt.com/) and was very impressed by how simple it looked to configure.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote