View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #63
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Bernie was cheated before he had a chance to lose, he was packing arena's while Hillary was packing gymnasiums, and winning the popular vote is nothing to sneeze at.

I think it's enough to prove the old adage that the president has to be a straight, white, christian family man is nearly dead.

IMO, Obama and Trump both got in because they convinced Americans they would represent them and that they were an alternative to the corporate politicians that get rammed down their throats. I think Americans are looking for that a lot more than they want a president that fits the traditional mold.
I think you're underestimating the importance of the rural vote. Sure... Maybe urban America can look past the sexual orientation of their president, but to win the electoral college, you need to swing some purple states in your direction. I just can't see the rural American voter bring able to get behind a gay candidate. Especially in areas that historically vote Republican. Hell, I can't imagine a lot of urban Democrats getting excited enough to go out and vote for a homosexual. America is still a deeply religious country, unlike most liberal democracies.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote