View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 03:36 PM   #193
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I tinkered around with the positioning of the Unifi AP and damn... my house has a weird scenario where vertical mount was better than horizontal mount.

For horizontal on a shelf, rather than 180-320 mbps on basically most other than directly below the unit and certain areas with drop offs to around 20-50 mbps including basement, outside and garage.

Vertically mounted in an upstairs office, I'm getting at least 400 mbps 30-40 feet in all directions regardless of which level I'm on. The slowest speed in my house is 180-240 mbps vs 20-50 mbps as the worst before, and I can get around 130-160 mbps on my drive way.

All this from the same single Unifi LR AP. I'm surprised there was that much difference 15-20 feet away from the original location.

My meshed AmpliFi were approximately the same as the Horizontal mounted AP on the main floor in a central location. I thought I needed another LR AP, but this new result has completely blown away my expectations and I don't need another AP in the home. I'm very happy about that.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: