View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 04:41 AM   #15
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree that Tkachuk set his contract up so he could walk after his $9M QO. I doubt he has any intention of signing a long term deal with Calgary, so you literally have to move him this summer so the acquiring team has 2 years left on his term before UFA, otherwise you decrease his trade value immensely.

Johnny needs to be extended or traded. He has one year left on his deal, so his value has already decreased. The hope this year was that his production returned to, at the very least, increased his trade value. Instead, the opposite has happened. A 60 point pace over a full season for the guy who gets all the premium ice time and PP time is pretty marginal.

Monny is Immovable until he proves himself healthy and productive. He likely stays for now. He is on a 47 point pace over a full season.

There is no deal here for Eichel. That’s even assuming Buffalo will move him. Calgary simply doesn’t have a value to pull they off. Not with these players leading the way.

I don’t think Calgary has any option but to go full rebuild, as they simply won’t get enough value in trading these guys to do a retool.

But riding out another season likely will just put them another season behind the 8 ball with a decreasing asset base. Rebuild? All signs point to yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote