View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 03:28 AM   #14
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

All one needs to do and look at what his father Keith did. Dude was cut throat when it came to chasing the money. Multiple hold outs. Lots of overpaid seasons. Don't think he ever took a "hometown discount" until his last season with the Blues. One of the highest grossing paid players of all time. There will be no discount coming for the Flames, I am sure of it.

Flames just need to decide if he's part of the solution going forward. While he's had a down season, I absolutely think he's the kind of player you build around. Every season except for last season he was that kind of player. I don't think a season in which literally everybody except for a couple of guys have declined is a reason to suddenly change the team's outlook on Tkachuk.

Strange to see this site turn on somebody so quick, but also not surprising. Not too long ago it was monumental praise for him. Ever since the puck flip it's the complete opposite. I think a full season of Sutter can bring out the best in him. But for sure this season is a write off. I'm only on board to trade Tkachuk IF Sutter had ID'd him as some of the rot. I personally don't feel that's the case but Sutter will find out. If he is, than so be it, ship him off.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 04-20-2021 at 03:33 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: