View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 08:47 AM   #57
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
Signed up for Tidal last night so I could listen to the record at a higher quality FLAC file. I'm no audiophile so I'm not sure I can tell the difference but still glad I did because the record production is top notch.

It came out around 10:30 PM last night and listened to the entire record. All I can say is that this will require repeat listening but it is a very layered, nuanced record. Even the enhancements between songs seem to fit in well with the entire record. Stand out tracks for me are Pneuma and 7empest. 7empest is absolutely incredible.

Strongly recommend that any fans go for the HiFi Tidal free version and listen to it on headphones in its entirety and uninterrupted.
If you’re not entirely sure you can tell the difference between regular streaming services take an ABX test. Don’t use Tidal’s because I don’t trust that it isn’t rigged. This one should work: http://abx.digitalfeed.net/

Don’t waste your money on Tidal unless the results are conclusive. But trying the free trial won’t hurt.

The production is amazing. I streamed it from my phone though a Chord Mojo to my Audeze LCD-2’s and it’s mind blowing. Gets better with every listen.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post: