View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 01:42 PM   #219
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

The new Halloween movie is a quantum leap forward in terms of quality from any of the sequels made in the last 30 odd years. I'm happy to say that it's the best Halloween sequel. I happen to enjoy the first 3 movies (Season of the Witch is massively underrated imo) and the fourth is a bit of a guilty pleasure. The rest are mostly forgettable or complete garbage.

The quality of the films that John Carpenter wasn't involved with are pretty lousy(he reluctantly wrote part 2 just for the money and left as a producer after Season of the Witch flopped). Ever shrinking budgets, rushed and hacked together scripts, terribly ####ty looking masks, ridiculous storylines, etc.

Carpenter returns as producer and provides the synthy score, which is music to my ears (though not AS good as the original; they didn't use "Laurie's Theme" in this one which is a personal fave).

This movie brings the franchise back to respectability, and dare I say will rejuvenate it completely, at least for one more go around hopefully. There will be a big appetite for a sequel, and if they can bring back the team from this one then mark me down as excited.

Michael Myers is "The Shape" again in this one. James Jude Courtney totally kills (pun intended) as Myers. His essence from the 78 classic is once again captured. The stalking. The breathing. Hiding, barely visible in distant shadows. The look of the mask. They nailed it all completely. There are shots in this movie that fans of the original will just salivate over.

It's a good movie, though it's not perfect. There was a part in the movie that lost me for a bit (everyone will know which part I'm talking about) but when it focuses on Laurie Strode it's fantastic.

Jamie Lee Curtis gives an amazing performance in this. You actually feel for her character a lot. It's pretty funny here and there too, with a script co-written by Danny McBride.

It's slaughtering at the box office this weekend, and I think it will keep it's legs next too, being the weekend before Halloween and given the strong word of mouth. Go see it people.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icecube For This Useful Post: