View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:39 AM   #11
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I have a whole incoherent rant about why the last jedi is good Star Wars, but I'll just go Trumpian on this one.

WRONG!

Nobody is wrong for disliking a movie. It's all subjective. For some folks, TLJ just didn't deliver what they wanted to see, which is fine. Star Wars fans can be an ornery bunch and they'll never agree on anything (except for Empire of course). I don't think any filmmaker on earth could ever completely satisfy the fans at this point, and I imagine trying to write and direct one of these movies must be the most stressful thing ever.

Personally I enjoyed TLJ a lot. I thought it was beautifully shot with some great action sequences, wonderful character moments, and terrific acting, particularly from Hamill, Ridley, and Driver.

I loved what they did with Luke's story arc and I enjoyed pretty much all of the Rey/Kylo moments, especially the kick-ass fight scene with the Praetorian guards. And the entire sequence with Yoda was just perfect. The music, the dialogue, Hamill's acting, the use of an actual puppet, and Frank Oz doing the voice again...everything just worked beautifully in that scene.

Does the movie have it's flaws? For sure. Flying space Leia was really dumb. The Canto Bight scenes didn't really do it for me, and Benicio del Toro's character kind of annoyed me. But those are minor complaints. Overall I thought it was solid entertainment from beginning to end and a worthy addition to the franchise. After watching it again on bluray recently, I think I liked it even more.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote