Thread: Cycling Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #6412
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was biking home last night and another cyclist entered a traffic circle in front of me. I followed behind her for the next two blocks and we both stopped at an intersection while waiting for the crossing lights to turn red. There was also an SUV right beside us on our left. When the crossing traffic stopped the three of us (two bikes and one driver) all started to go. The intersection is a little weird because although we are continuing on the same road, it is crooked. See map here: https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.25680...2!8i6656?dcr=0. You're never totally sure if the track, both in your direction or opposing is going straight or turning. Anyways, the SUV is making sure the opposing cyclists can go straight, so it's going a little slow. The two of us on bikes are making sure the SUV doesn't hit us. Everyone is correctly proceeding through the intersection.

Then a cyclist who decides he can't wait to get through is trying to pass through the intersection. With all the traffic he doesn't get there but is still trying to get between the SUV and two bikes. I hold my ground, and angle a bit over so I don't go into a parked car. I'm not that concerned, and I'm in no hurry as I'm turning right on the next block. He looks over and we have this conversation:

Him: You're in a tight spot there.
Me: I know. You've really boxed me in.
Him: You shouldn't be passing on the right. It's dangerous.
Me: I'm not. I'm following behind that cyclist, as I've been for the last two blocks. You're the one that is trying to pass, but you're not fast enough. You're also trying to pass an SUV on the right, and on the turn.
Him: No, you're trying to pass me.
Me: Wasn't I in front of you?
Him: Yeah
Me: Wouldn't that mean you are trying to pass me?
Him: Idiot

At this point I turn off onto my route. I just don't understand people sometimes. I'm not sure how I am trying to pass someone, if I'm already in front of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point