View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #11874
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Uncle View Post
I don't see how a re-tool would work anyway. Every proposal I've seen involves trading one or two players from the top 6 for a player(s) worse than we are trading in an attempt to get better. Just doesn't add up to me. I get it if your rebuilding but I agree we aren't.

I highly suspect we see a trade or UFA sign a top six forward at the expense of prospects and picks with the rest of the core remaining... and I suspect we see that no matter who the GM is.
Seems like a lot of posters are tired of seeing certain core players and want them to be moved for younger pieces that have potential to be good one day. Problem is, Darryl has shown the propensity to dislike the young guns and their mistakes. He made a funny quip the other day about how "I guess that's how they learn."

But he clearly looks annoyed with younger players who are learning on the jon and seems to have very little patience with them. A players coach like Geoff Ward probably wouldn't have them miss a shift whereas Darryl have no problem benching or scratching the kids. Heck I think Darryl has already scratched Valimaki 3 times in his short stint here and has benched and scratched Dube several times. Everyone seems to be clamouring for the Heat players to get in and Darryl seems to be having none of that yet.

So the idea that Darryl will just accept a pile of these guys on the roster next year just seems silly. As crazy as it sounds, I could see a scenario where Hanifin is moved this offseason just so Gio isn't exposed to Seattle; or some kind of side deal is made. Proof? Darryl has actually demoted Hanifin and is playing Gio more minutes and went on public to say Gio was the team's best defenseman if memory serves.