View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #11868
Drunk Uncle
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
Based on how Darryl Sutter treats the younger kids on the team and how much Sutter cares about winning each and every single game regardless of the standings, does anyone honestly think it's realistic that the Flames go through even a retool?

I think Sutter will considerable influence on player personnel decisions and no way I see Sutter accepting the idea of multiple veteran players being traded for rookies and futures. He'd likely just be benching those young players like he's done Dube and Valimaki.

Sorry everyone, but Darryl has 2 years left on his deal and I think people are wasting their time with some of these proposals. For instance, I'm not sure Giordano gets moved at all this summer. Gio is Darryl's #1 defenseman and no way he allows Gio to just be exposed in the expansion draft so he can play his "4th best defenseman (Hanifin)" as the default top pair. The retooling is a total pipedream, if anything, Darryl might actually want more veteran players on this team next season.
I don't see how a re-tool would work anyway. Every proposal I've seen involves trading one or two players from the top 6 for a player(s) worse than we are trading in an attempt to get better. Just doesn't add up to me. I get it if your rebuilding but I agree we aren't.

I highly suspect we see a trade or UFA sign a top six forward at the expense of prospects and picks with the rest of the core remaining... and I suspect we see that no matter who the GM is.