View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #7493
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Just musing the Hamilton vs Larsson poll on HF and the amount of garbage spewed by Oilers fans is beyond laughable. Larsson is losing the poll by a large margin so of course Oilers posters begin the claim that Klefbom is now better than Hamilton. It actually blows my mind how petty and bias these fans are. One fan actually claimed Klefbom was the best Dman on any Canadian team, the delusion is amazing. Klefbom hasn't even hit 40pts in a season something Hamilton did in his second full season but following the Larsson narrative his defense is so great that it doesn't matter. This just makes me laugh.
Yeah, I've been following that one for a bit, its pretty laughable, Klefbom is decent but that's about it, but its going to be tougher for him with Sekera out.

I mean frankly they took out Eberle and you take out Sekera and replace them with Strome and its a significantly worse team.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did miss the playoffs, all the pieces are there to slide

1) Eberle replaced by Strome
2) Sekera out leaves that blueline vulnerable
3) Talbot saw a lot of shots, especially from the danger areas and he's going to have to replicate that performance
4) A lot of career years
5) A schedule that was heavy on teams coming through on the second night of back to backs
6) Teams paying way more attention to McDavid physically.
7) No significant injuries last year.

that's a lot of elements that went right for them.

I mean to me there's only two sure things in the pacific. The Canucks are going to suck, the Knights are going to blow.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!