View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #68
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
If we don't win under Monahan and Gaudreau (meaning they're not elite level players capable of winning when it counts) will they be due for a massive pay raise?

Its an interesting point... how many non-cup winners are making north of $10m per?
I think at the moment, just Carey Price and Mcdavid when their contracts kick in. I expect guys like Tavares and Karlsson to join that group shortly.

Kessel got paid $8,000,000 in 2013 without a cup and he had a few top ten scoring finishes, so I expect it to be well above that.

I think its pretty possible that if Gaudreau keeps finishing around top ten or twenty in scoring that his contract will be looking like easily $10+ per season by the time 2023 rolls around. Then signing a guy for that kind of dough from 29-36 is a more dicey proposition then his latest contract.

So I think if the Flames are going to win with Gaudreau, it's more likely to happen on this contract, then his next contract.

And if the Flames are going to win with Gaudreau they should definitely sign Backlund.

Last edited by Oil Stain; 07-17-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote