View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 10:29 AM   #1670
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Oh I highly disagree. While the players seem to be developing ok his coaching decisions and lines leave something to be desired. That Stockton team last year should have been much better than their record given the talent they have. Not a fan at all.
I know you do and you have said it many times, but what you have yet to understand is the AHL isn't a league where winning is the be all end all. To more than 85% of the AHL teams the #1 most important thing they do is develop and prepare NHL team prospects to be successful in the NHL. When you do take this in to account, you realize that Huska has done a great job and is well respected around hockey circles. He has helped develop defencemen such as Madison Bowey, Tyson Barrie, Damon Severson, Luke Schenn, Josh Gorges, Shea Weber and Tyler Myers while with the Kelowna Rockets yet with the overall lower end of Calgary's prospects he has been able to produce solid fill in guys used for spot duty in the NHL. He has also never had a "losing"(sub .500 win percentage, not including OTL) season as a head coach, ever.

The Calgary Flames own the Stockton Heat for one reason and one reason only, the development of their prospects. The Calgary Flames have decided that Ryan Huska has done such a good job preparing players for the NHL that they offered him not just a one or two year contract but a THREE year contract to head coach the Heat.

Please note, that the players that have graduated to the NHL from Stockton have actually done quite well considering the quite low level of top end talent . The more talent he gets I completely expect him to make some decent runs with Stockton.

Last edited by Since1984; 07-10-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post: