View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #49
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Tkachuk in the bottom 6? Not a chance.
It's hardly a bottom-6. I foresee the Flames rolling the top three lines pretty evenly this coming season, with the top line getting ~17 minutes, the second line getting ~17, and the "third" line getting ~16. The fourth line would get the remaining ~11, with certain guys getting more or less due to special teams.

A guy like Versteeg could slot in on paper on the fourth line, but clock in at 14 minutes a game because he'd likely stay on the #1 PP unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
Not trying to attack you post, but Frolik is a RW.

The lineup locks look something like this:

Gaudreau - Monanhan - _______
________ - Backlund - Frolik
Tkachuk - Bennett - Brouwer
Bouma - Stajan - ________

Your extras with their proper position:
Ferland (LW)
Lazar (RW/C)
Janko (C)
Frolik playing LW is something that's been debated in various threads here and there, and it makes some sense: it allows Brouwer to slot in on the right side and maybe regain some mojo playing beside two much better players. Also, Frolik is a left-handed shot and played left wing for much of his Panthers and Blackhawks career... heck, he even centred the Hawks' Saad-Frolik-Kane line for awhile.

Ferland's "proper position" is both wings. I mean, did he not play right wing on the top line for much of the second half of last season? Not sure why you're listing him as a strict gauche man.

Also, I'm willing to bet a fair sum of cash that Bouma won't be in the NHL next year.

Last edited by TheScorpion; 06-26-2017 at 04:36 PM.
TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote