View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 03:48 PM   #6488
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually love cashews and peanuts. I'm not a huge fan of hazel nuts or Brazil nuts though. Other than that, I thought his points about Trump vs. Biden were pretty accurate.

On a different note, GOP Sen. Sasse was recorded bashing Trump in a phone call with a constituent. He has been critical of Trump in the past, but seemed to go silent after Trump recently endorsed him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ictators-butts

Quote:
Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) blasted President Trump saying he “mistreats women,” “kisses dictators’ butts” and privately mocks evangelical to constituents in a recording obtained by the Washington Examiner.

In a telephone town hall with constituents, a woman asks Sasse why he “[has] to criticize [Trump] so much.”

In response, Sasse pointed to areas in which he agrees with Trump, then criticizes the president’s response to the coronavirus, although he also accuses the media of having “pretended that COVID is literally the first public health crisis ever. And somehow, it’s Donald Trump’s fault. That’s not true. They just wanted to use it against him.”

“But the reality is that he careened from curb to curb. First, he ignored COVID. And then he went into full economic shutdown mode. He was the one who said 10 to 14 days of shutdown would fix this,” Sasse added. “And that was always wrong. I mean, and so I don't think the way he's lead through COVID has been reasonable or responsible, or right.”

Sasse goes on to criticize the president’s handling of international human rights issues, accusing him of ignoring China’s treatment of both Hong Kong citizens and the Uighur ethnic minority.

"The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership, the way he treats women, spends like a drunken sailor. The ways I criticize President Obama for that kind of spending; I've criticized President Trump for as well,” Sasse said. “He mocks evangelicals behind closed doors. His family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He's flirted with white supremacists."