View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 02:22 PM   #254
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I think there's too much money at stake for turning back. The major sport that does this could set them up for years for grassroots following, so you better believe every sport wants it to happen. I just wonder how players will not get the virus? Specifically the revolving door of women these guys go through in any sport, increases their chances significantly. What if a star player got it? It completely changes the mental game for those around as they worry if they got it too. I see why each league is pushing for this, but I can't see it ending well, and cancelling a second time really makes the sport look unprofessional and unplanned when the second time around these things should be thought out.
Depends on why they would cancel.
If they cancel because it simply isn't safe - I don't see that being unprofessional. I see that as being responsible.
Escalation of commitment is a real and dangerous thing. This is such a fluid situation I would hope that the leagues are constantly re-evaluating and have a framework for how they decide if they need to change plans or not.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: